Wednesday, January 21, 2015

You're a Great Man: 29 Catholic Girls Explain Why


Sometimes I hear girls complain about the fact that they can’t find any good guys.

I don’t know what they’re talking about.

They are everywhere and I am blessed to have the privilege to know so many of them. I see great men in my grandfathers, my father, brothers, uncles, cousins, friends, co-workers, boyfriends, and neighbors.

These men inspire me to be a better woman. So thank you. Thank you for being a great man when you hold your temper… when you tell me I’m beautiful… when you’re okay with not being the center of my universe because you know Jesus deserves and holds that place… when you’re not afraid to call me out, to let me know the areas I need to grow in no matter how awkward it may be. You’re a great man when you refuse to let me be stubborn about my independence when it’s obvious I need a more skilled, helping hand.

If any man were to question whether or not his life has meaning, whether he has “made it” as a man, I’m here to tell you that I asked your sisters in Christ to affirm the great men that they know and I got over 6 pages of responses. We see your efforts. And we appreciate you. Keep striving to be the best version of yourself; and if you’re ever unsure if it makes a difference… read this again.

YOU’RE A GREAT MAN WHEN…
“You’re a great man when you make bold sacrifices.” – Leah M.

“You’re a great man when you remember to greet my friends and family members when we’re out together. That simple hello says a lot about your character!” – Erin H.

“You’re a great man when you inspire me to be a better person by the way you live each day. When you work out not for vanity’s sake, but so you can be the strength I lean on. And after all, what’s the point of triceps if you’re not using them to lift the old woman’s suitcase into the overhead compartment on the airplane? I want you to know that more than any compliments or courtesy’s you show to me, I watch the way you treat the cashier, the waitress, your little sister. The little moments of you being an authentic man of God in the small everyday ways, those are the ones that count.” – Maureen M.

“You are a great man when you show love for the Blessed Mother.” – Casey O.

Click here to continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment