Thursday, March 12, 2015

ICYC Reaction


I passionately believe in the power of God moving through retreat ministry. Why? Here is reaction from teens and chaperones from OLV after ICYC:

In Adoration tonight the hand of teens were raised, the tears flowed, healing spread, and the King of the Universe was revealed in the disguise of bread and wine. Thank you for making this experience possible. A few of our youth were awakened to a possible call to the religious life and each one of the 51 that attended created new friendships, experienced the young church, and encountered Christ in a fresh and profound way.

It was such a beautiful weekend and really invigorated my faith journey. As a youth leader, I could see all youth benefitted from attending.

With your help I understand more about God and why he died for our sins.

This weekend was amazing, and I never felt this happy in me knowing that God is actually with us.

Thank you so much for your generous gift. I got the honor to chaperone the teens from our parish but ended up being blessed to see the Holy Spirit work in their lives. I believe our parish has a bright future.

My favorite part was when they brought out God to us [in Adoration]. It was a very emotional moment, and I usually hate emotional moments, but it was extremely amazing. I felt happy and willing to change.

I was touched by the stories and testimonies of teens as they felt Christ’s presence this weekend. This was a very spiritual and touching experience. We experienced Christ through Adoration and the music playing. Without your help we wouldn’t have the amazing opportunity.

 
It was a great experience we didn’t just make a better bond with God but with ourselves. We also realized that there is so much out there to life than just friends and family and more. There’s God there for us and even if we make a mistake we aren’t a mistake.

In better understanding the saints and in getting closer to my God I feel that I am ready to finish my Confirmation journey.

ICYC helped me in my journey of becoming an adult.

I really enjoyed ICYC. Not only was it fun but I connected to God more than I ever have!

I have become a better person and will continue to be a servant of Jesus Christ. The ladies workshop showed me what true beauty is. Sr. Miriam made me look at life with a new perspective.

To be honest I was always kind of skeptical about my faith, but this weekend has helped to solidify my beliefs.


You’ve helped someone enjoy and witness God and the Holy Spirit. Maybe that is what they needed, and there are not enough thank yous in the world.

Without your help many wouldn’t been able to experience the power of God’s love. That is something you can’t compare to anything else. Thank you for helping guide many to a righteous path by the side of God.

I’ve never seen so many people come together and pray and bond.

I have been with the youth this weekend as they have grown deeper in their faith. Christ is totally present in their hearts.

This experience is one I will never forget for the speakers touched my heart and opened my mind. During Adoration I felt my soul touched by the Holy Spirit in such a way that I feel like I will never be the same again. Words cannot describe the gratitude I feel for being able to have come to ICYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment