Tuesday, August 19, 2014

31 things you thought about during Sunday Mass but won't admit

Catholic Vote nails typical thinking about Mass attendance with this fun list. See the original version here.

1. Got to church on time…all settled in the pew before the opening hymn starts…kids all fully clothed and sitting still…can I get a plenary indulgence or something?

2. Oh good, I secretly love this song.

3. Okay, who's here? There are the Growskis…there are the Taylors…looks like the Kellys are late again.

4. Wow, five whole minutes into Mass and the kids haven’t slammed the kneeler into my shins.  I wonder wha- OOOOWWW!!!  SON OF A…!!!

5. There’s Myrtle…I can’t believe her peppermint cookies won first place at the parish Holiday Fest.  My fruitcake was so much better.

6. Let’s recap the score.  Saint Paul: 8,371…my ability to comprehend: 0.

To continue reading, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment